Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thankful

Of course it is Thanksgiving time which means it is the one day of 365 days that we are supposed to stop and count our blessings. Something about this the crisp air or the warmth of our home reminds me to think of all the things we are grateful for. I am, however, more disappointed that I cannot think to be this thankful all year round. Our family is blessed beyond imagination! I am convinced that I certainly do not deserve the blessings I receive every second of everyday. Instead of getting hung up on New Year's resolutions I am making a personal resolution now to be more grateful for the wonderful blessings we have been given.

I think I can speak for all when I say there are several times throughout the week or even the day when we get stressed and overwhelmed. Instead of getting mad or upset, I am trying to remember that today is the only day when the girls will be at this stage. Tomorrow they will change and be doing something new. If I choose to feel stressed then I have chosen to miss out on a day I can never get back. If I really put things in perspective, there is going to be a day when I look back and miss how small they were. I am going to miss their little fits because they are sleepy or because it has been two hours since the last feeding and we are about to die of starvation!

Aside from the girls, We are thankful for our family. We are glad they are always just a phone call away and can be such a great part of live. By family, I also mean friends. We cannot believe the wonderful people who have chosen to surround us with their love. They have fallen in love with our children as if they were true relatives. It has brought us such joy to watch both of them look at our friends and family with admiration, love and the occasional crush... Brett Carey!

If you are reading this, then you are one of the people we are truly thankful for. You have taken time from your day to check in on us and see what we are up to. While it might only be a minute of your time it means the world to us that you care what wonderful blessings the Fahring Family has received lately!

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving... Eat up and get stuffed!

3 comments:

Amanda and Tyler Shelley said...

Why is it that I satarted to cry when I read your post? You touched my heart. I'm going to give Colin an extra squeeze.

juice said...

I am Thankful that I have such a talented grandchild, who can express so well her feelings. I am also thankful that you/Todd and produce such loveable and beautiful children. I am most thankful for all the children, grands, and greatgrands that God has allowed me to live long enough to see and love.

Love You and All

The Nortons said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you!! What a wonderful post and I am so thankful I was able to meet you through others! Hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We all have so much to be thankful for.

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash