Wednesday, November 19, 2008

We County Folk Like'em Big!

On Monday we had Hollis' 2 month appointment and Allyn's 2 year check-up. Allyn weighed in at a whooping 23.5 pounds. She made a HUGE gain in her percentiles... from 0% to 6%. Watch out!! (insert sarcasm now)

On a heavier, (play on words)Hollis was 11 lbs and 5 oz. This puts her in the 65% for weight! I guess she is just trying to get accustomed to country life. Should we tell her we do not have horses to feed and hay to carry? Nah... she is too cute with her little fat rolls.

Hollis is a spitting image of Todd. He said he was concerned that he would not be a pretty girl, but now seeing Hollis he is convinced she is super cute! Hollis absolutely adores Allyn. She stares at her all the time. She smiles when she is being silly. You can tell Hollis is taking in everything Allyn is doing. Allyn still loves her so much. Sometimes we have to hold her back because she is suffocating Hollis when she is kissing all over her!

Other than feeding two growing girls we are doing great! The days fly by and are filled with non-stop excitement! I would not trade places with anyone!

Lastly, I said I would never do it, but I did. I dressed the girls alike. How can you resist when they are both so cute?! Allyn loved being dressed like Hollis. She kept running over to Hollis and telling her they had on the same shirt! I am sure Hollis knew exactly what she was saying! Haha! I tried to get some pictures of them, but of course Allyn was being a goof!

Just for fun, what is something you find yourself doing that you swore you never would?

6 comments:

The Nortons said...

Adorable pics! I find myself doing a lot and saying things that I have to think...oh god..I sound just like my mother! haha!!

Melissa said...

They are such cutie pies!! Love it!

Amanda and Tyler Shelley said...

I love it! They are so cute!

kristymasterson said...

so cute. Hollis has changed so much! i love big girls! I find myself getting stressed about traveling to different places with a baby. I said before it wouldn't bother me. Nope... it's hard. I confess.

juice said...

I like the Nortons, catch myself sounding JUST LIKE MY MOTHER!. Sometimes when I pass a mirror, I see her there and say she can't be there she is gone. Guess who? Oh well at least I'm still here to pester everyone.

You can dress them alike until they rebel.

Love You

Anonymous said...

Hi Maci! It's Mrs. Desing:-)
Don't ask me how I found your blog, truly by accident! And I am so glad to see your beautiful family. It sounds like you have a very blessed life. The girls are absolutely precious, and you and Todd aren't so bad yourselves!!! Anyway, I want to answer your question...By the time our kids were school-age, I frequently found myself saying things to them that my mom used to say to me; you know, all those horrible, "I'll never say that to my kids!" And then I would just burst out laughing knowing that it would have made her smile too.

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash