Thursday, July 24, 2008

I love school supplies!

As Allyn is taking her nap right now, I am getting the TV to myself which means no Finding Nemo at least for this hour. It is great because I can actually watch HGTV, but now I am constantly being teased by back to school commericals.

I really cannot believe that it is almost time for school to start again. When I was teaching I absolutely dreaded this part of the summer. It is like you are cling to every free moment that you have because you know that in two weeks it is back to the nitty gritty. The only thing that made it somewhat enjoyable was knowing that I could go school supply shopping. If you know me, you know that I have a pen addiction. This addiction is only fueled further by boredom, emotions and stress. Some people are emotional eaters; I am an emotional pen buyer. A bad day can be completely reversed when you purchase some good pens!

As you can imagine, my pen buying cravings are getting stronger. The problem... I have no reason to buy pens! It is horribly tempting every time I am in Wal-mart to swing through the back to school section. Of course if I even go down the aisle I will see some pens that I just cannot live without and have to buy them. It is like the story of "If You Give a Pig a Pancake".

Oh well! I guess I will just stick to watching Finding Nemo, so that the commericals influence all my other pen buying buddies! But, if you come across some pens that are great... let me know! :)

3 comments:

kristymasterson said...

I continue to love being on the receiving end of your pen addiction. I told Russ yesterday, I feel bad for our children because they will never be able to do their own school supply shopping.

p.s. I am excited you started to blog!

juice1945 said...

There must be a mutant gene in our pool. I also, in my younger days, could not wait to shop for back to school. Not only pens and pencils, but note books. There was just something about having all that nice new paper, I could not wait to start writing on it. I also have to avoid the supply isles even at the Publix and Kroger stores. As I say a mutant gene is running in our veins.

Juice

Jennifer said...

I refuse to admit that there is anything wrong with our pen addiction. Interestingly, most of my best girlfriends have the same addiction. We must self-select. ("Ah, her Sharpies all still have pointy tips. I think I like her!")

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash